- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (online degrees/diplomas are not accepted), and
- Current Nursing (RN) license in the North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand, and
- Minimum two years of current experience as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area, working in a mid- to large-sized acute-care hospital in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
The CVSD Unit provides nursing care for pediatric patients requiring âintermediaryâ intensive care 24-48 hrs post the surgical treatment of cardiac problems. This population includes patients requiring or having previously had surgery on the organs of the thoracic cavity, including heart, lungs or the great vessels. Off-service patients requiring ICU, cardiac monitoring or other nursing services are admitted, as beds are available.
The most common surgical procedures include:
- Valve Repair and/or Replacement
- Congenital Cardiac Defect Repairs
- Preoperative pediatric cardiology patients
- The nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation is followed as the framework of care to direct the following activities:
- Invasive hemodynamic monitoring, e.g., Arterial, CVP.
- Continuous cardiac monitoring with dysrhythmia interpretation.
- Continuous nursing assessment and evaluation of patient's physical and emotional needs and corresponding therapeutic interventions.
- Therapeutic modalities including chest tube maintenance, temporary external pacing, permanent invasive pacing, ventilator support, emergency resuscitation including, defibrillation/cardioversion.
- Medication delivery and pharmacological interventions including intravenous vasoactive and antiarrhythmic drugs, anticoagulation, and immunosuppressive therapy.
- Blood and blood products administration.
- Oxygen therapy and pulse oximetry.
- Maintenance of skin integrity.
- Nutritional support (enteral feedings, TPN and patient weights).
- Psychosocial and emotional support for patient and family
- Infection control and safety management.
Number of Beds: 7
Nurse Patient Ratio: 1: 2
Hours of Operation:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week