Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the sucessful candidate would be responsible for the overall functioning of the Department of Ambulance Services and is responsible for its 24 hours operation.
- Accountable for the complete operation of Ambulance Services Department and ensure the proper level of patient care. Schedules subordinate and ensure that optimum efficiency is maintained at all times changing work assignments in relation to circumstances and conditions as required. Coordinates the training of subordinates with internal and external partners and assists in the orientation of new staff.
- Ensures that equipment is properly maintained and operated. Ensures the safe work practices are followed, lifting, etc. Ensures that all required supplies and materials are present. Reviews applications for employment and communicates with Local and International recruitment partners to ensure best recommendations for hire. Develops collaborative team practice models to ensure the best modalities for patient care are followed. Follows and ensure Performance Improvement models and practices are explored and implemented to enable optimum patient care and efficiency.
- Dedicates 60% of time to participate in clinical/technical duties.
- Prepares presentations and proposals as required. Participates in patient care activities.
- Accountable for the preparation and administration of the departments budget.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Health Services, and
- Completion of Paramedic Program which meets the guidelines established by United States Department of Transportation or country of origin equivalent.
- Registered Paramedic, and
- Minimum of 6 years of recent experience as a Paramedic with ACLS, PALS and NRP certification including two (2) years in a supervisor capacity, and
- Strong experience in management and system building in the EMS field, and
- Strong background in policy and training as well as healthcare management is preferred, and
- Departmental management experience is preferred over field management experience.
The Department of Ambulance Services provides 24-hour emergency response. It operates four (4) Road Rescue type III ambulances mounted on F-350 van chassis. Ambulances equipped with modern equipment such as the Lifepack 12 Monitors (including SPo2 and BP capabilities), a comprehensive drug kit and advanced airway kit.
Ambulance Services maintains 4 ambulances:
- One unit is staffed 24 hours per day for VIP duties, clinics and for visits from Head of State or Saudi Royalty.
- A second unit is based at the Children's Cancer Center (CCC) on a 24-hour basis.
- The remaining units are used for main Hospital transfer and emergency calls.
Staff consists of 8 Paramedics, 8 EMT, and 2 Administrative/Support team members.