RN - Home Health Care

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Job Benefits

Job Requirements

Department Information

The Home Health Care Program provides and supervises nursing care for patients in their own homes, for the promotion of their physical, psychological and social well-being, and provides patients, family and caregiver support.
Up to date, the average patient census of the HHC Program is 115. Approximately 90% of the patients are adult, 10% pediatric. An average of 20% of the patients seen are referred by the Palliative Care Service and the remaining 80% are referred by other services such as Neurophysiology, Internal Medicine, Oncology, and Pediatric Hematology. Those patients who are not considered to require palliative care but have been identified as being at high risk for re-admission to the hospital are accepted into the Program on a short term basis to assist, educate and support them during the transitional stage from hospital to independence in self-care in the home setting.

Frequent Procedures/Functions:
Coordination of care; provision of nursing care; patient advocacy; education of patient, family and peers; support for patient, family and peers; liaison between patient, family and other health care research/participation in research. Palliative care, symptom control and pain management, physical assessment, tracheotomy tube change and care, nebulizers, oropharyngeal and tracheal suctioning, indwelling and intermittent urinary catheterization, bladder irrigation, diabetic care, enteral feeds, wound care, ostomy care, subcutaneous infusions, specimen collection, medication instruction, supervision and administration.

Hours of Operation
Saturday -- Tuesday: 0800 to 1800 hours
Wednesday: 0800 to 1700 hours

An after hours on-call service is provided by a HHC Program team consisting of an SN1 and an Interpreter to respond to urgent patient care problems.



Please Login to apply for this job or register as a new user

Forgot your Password? Click Here

New User? Register
NOTE: Due to visa availability, this post is open to applicants holding passports of: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.

Job Tools