Responsible for carrying out routine clinical blood conservation services under the direction of the Director, O.R. Management.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Determining, assembling and monitoring equipment needed for cell saver and other blood conservation techniques.
- Coordinate the procedures involving blood conservation and to support trained and training staff.
- Coordinate blood conservation projects with other hospital departments.
- Reviewing patient's medical history and chart to determine what equipment can be used and whether cell salvage is appropriate for the as well as to be used on ongoing research into the effectiveness of the cell salvage for the patient and the hospital.
- Consulting with Surgeons and Anaesthesiologists to obtain needed set-up information.
- Observing equipment for proper operation.
- Being able to work under stress during emergency situations.
- Attaining precise limits or standards.
- Maintaining equipment as necessary.
- Blood salvaging techniques.
- Blood gas and blood chemistry monitoring and analysis.
- Anticoagulation and hematologic monitoring and analysis.
- Hemodilution and hemofiltration techniques.
- Administration of medications and blood components.
- Documentation associated with described duties to retain records for the patients benefit, research and audit purposes.
- Involving in training, research. product evaluation and continuing education as described by the Medical Director, OR Management and the Chairman of the Department of Anaesthesiology which is essential to quality management, that training is ongoing and that new devices are evaluated when they have benefit to the patient.
- Creating and revising lntemal Policy and Procedures with regards to Blood Conservation program.
- Creation of staff development programs for Anesthesia Technologists and Nursing staff within the operating room
- Other duties may include: Isolated limb/organ perfusion.
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other's education. training and development as possible.
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- B.Sc. degree, and diploma in Perfusion program, and
- Current registration with the American Board or equivalent, and
- A minimum of three years experience as a Clinical Practitioner in a mid- to large-sized acute-care hospital in USA, Canada, or UK.