Under the supervision of the Paramedic, provides Basic Life Support Emergency transportation to preserve the life and health of patients.
Participates in the operation and maintenance of the Ambulance Services.
1. Responds to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured, and transports the patient to KFSH&RC-DEM.
2. Administer emergency medical treatment both on the scene and in transit utilizing a variety of emergency and medical care equipment under the direction and guidance of the KFSH&RC Department's Protocols and policies.
3. Monitor and maintain ambulance and equipment to ensure proper working order and inventory of supplies. Report any needs for replacement equipment or supplies to supervisor.
4. Attend training programs and participate in other activities as needed to maintain appropriate knowledge level for performance of job functions.
5. Where a patient must be extricated from entrapment or helped out of his vehicle to enter OEM, assesses the extent of injury and gives all possible emergency care and protection to the entrapped patient and uses the prescribed techniques and appliances for safely removing the patient. After extrication, provides additional care in triaging the injured in accordance with standard emergency procedures.
6. Be detail-oriented and accurate while performing duties. Represent the Department of Ambulance Services at KFSH&RC and perform duties in a professional, responsible and trustworthy manner. Organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
7. Maintain strict confidentiality and security of information as appropriate. Keep accurate records and reports
8. Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, health care professionals, supervisors, department heads and members of the public.
9. Operate common office equipment such as calculators, fax machines, photo copiers and multiline telephones.
10. Have clarity of speech, hearing, and writing which permits effective communication. Receive and transmit messages via a two-way radio. Understand and follow oral and written instructions. Organize and present factual information and ideas clearly and concisely, in oral and written Form in the English language.
11. Handle low to high levels of stress, meet deadlines and solve problems appropriate to the position.
12. Perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time. Lift, move, carry, push and/or pull a minimum of 50 pounds and occasionally up to 125 pounds. Sit, squat, kneel, crawl, jump, twist, reach, bend, stoop, stand, and step into and out of an ambulance. Have sufficient personal mobility to complete work at various locations
13. Endure exposure to adverse weather conditions and terrains while conducting field work. Handle potential exposure to harmful blood and body fluids, infectious disease, harmful chemicals and drugs
14. Have sufficient manual dexterity to make handwritten notations and which permits moderate use of a keyboard. Have sufficient vision which permits light to moderate production and review of a wide variety of materials both in electronic and hard copy forms. Work flexible schedule and be on-call as assigned
15. Performs any other related duties as assigned.
16. Participates in self and other's education, training and development, as applicable.
17. Follows all Hospital policies and procedures.
For cultural values and visa limitations, this vacancy is for FEMALE candidates only.