Overall responsibility for the supervision and management of the CDM database and processes for all inpatient and outpatient technical charges including room and board, pharmacy, durable medical equipment, ambulatory care practices and ancillary services of the hospital.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Own the development, management and integrity of the CDM to include accurate assignment of cost centers, CPT code descriptions and RVUs
- Serves as a data capture and CDM expert to service line leaders to ensure charge capture of services related to the clinical activities of the hospital are robust. Champion's standardization of charge captures process.
- Develops and implements policy and procedural documentation to ensure continued integrity of CDM data.
- Performs charge reconciliation activities and deploys charge capture improvement initiatives. Ensures charge capture revenue management opportunities are identified and service lines revenues are correctly assigned, reviewed and monitored.
- Creates training documentation, prepares formal presentations and conducts educational training sessions to senior managers and service line managers
- Performs service line reviews across the whole hospital to determine appropriate pricing, billing and compliance and make recommendations as needed
- Oversees quality assurance audits to maintain the integrity of the CDM.
- Ensures that each item in the respective departments CDM is mapped to the correct cost centre
- Ensures the hospital price was calculated according to hospital policies and conducts price modeling, market benchmarking and financial impact analysis for service lines
- Analyzes data, identifies trends and effectively interprets to assists senior management decision making
- Provides detailed specifications to technical experts to ensure robust charge capture and data integrity.
- Maintains suitable filing system for all reference documents in the area of responsibility
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures for accounting and finance functions
- Participates in Self & Hospital's Quality improvement plan preferred
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others education, training and development, as applicable
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Tax-Free income
- Married-Status or Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Medical coverage
- Annual Air Transportation
- More than 7 calendar weeks of vacation
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline, and
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC-H, CPC-C) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) preferred, and
- Minimum of Four (4) years of related experience including one (1) year in supervisory capacity with Bachelor's Degree