Responsible for the analysis and maintenance of data capture routines and maintenance of the CDM to optimize activity reporting and revenue generating for assigned service lines.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Proactively reviews CDM files and information to identify noncompliance of activity and revenue capture. Recommends revisions to ensure integrity and quality of data capture and Hospital revenue cycle.
- Ensure that all items on the CDM are a direct reflection of services provided and robust processes are established for data capture through to patient bills and this is reflected in all appropriate service line statistics and reports.
- Creates training documentation, prepares formal presentations and conducts educational training sessions to end users in assigned service lines
- Integrates and links pharmacy and supply items purchase cost with CDM for assigned service line to ensure correct price and improve data capture processes.
- Supports Clinical Audit reviews of patient's charts with the patient's bill and implements any improvement opportunities identified.
- Analyzes and identifies trends throughout the CDM reporting tools. Performs revenue trend analysis as it relates to admissions, discharges, patient days, OP visits and other relevant services performed by the hospital.
- Develop a deep expertise in the assigned hospital service lines and serves as an expert CDM and data capture specialist for that service line
- Conducts reviews of charge capture practices in clinical departments of assigned areas and reports findings, provides education to staff responsible, evaluates revenue impacts and monitors ongoing compliance.
- Reviews all high charge stays/procedures for accuracy
- Works with Clinical audit teams and others to validate the accuracy of activity performed, CPT codes used and RVU's assigned.
- Leads projects to improve data capture process efficiency and CDM charge structures
- Maintains suitable filing system for all reference documents in the area of responsibility
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures for accounting and finance functions
- Participates in Self & Hospital's Quality improvement plan preferred
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others education, training and development, as applicable
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline, and
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience with Bachelor's Degree