- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (online degrees/diplomas are not accepted), and
- Current Nursing (RN) license in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand, and
- Specialty qualification related to area of expertise required. Evidence must be provided, and
- Minimum of six years of current experience as a RN, including at least two years of current experience in the specialty area, working in a mid- to large-size acute-care hospital setting in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
The Radiation Therapy Department (part of Clinical Services Division) provides the highest quality radiation treatment for cancer with strong academic and teaching environment.
The department is equipped with state-of-the-art technology for radiation treatment planning and delivery and staffed with specialized multi-disciplimary teams to decide optimum cancer care plan for the best treatment outcomes.
Significant Achievements 2005-2008
Advantage Sim is now in clinical use for 3 dimensional conformal radiation treatment planning for pelvic cancers (rectum, cervix, prostate, endometrium, bladder and seminoma), with significant benefits to the patient and Hospital resources.
- Modification of Breast Treatment Technique
Use of Assymetric Collimator for abutting radiation treatment fields was introduced in year 2005 for optimum delivery of radiation treatment.
- Implementation of Step and Shoot Technique or Field in Field to replace the current physical tissue compensator system is now fully operational and in daily clinical use. Thus utilizing latest technical components of the Varian Management System and reducing unnecessary manual work and manpower hours.
- Completed bidding process for the procurement of Large Bore CT scanner and Virtual Simulation for radiation therapy treatment planning. With Large Bore CT scanner we will be able to scan all patients for 3D conformal and IMRT radiation therapy and this will help us to obtain accurate electronic data for treatment planning resulting in better treatment outcomes.
- A total of 62 cases in Total Body Irradiation for Bone Marrow Transplant were done during 2007, which shows an increase of 24% from previous year 2006 (50 cases).
- Varis (7.4) record and verification software system was upgraded to new platform âARIA 8.0â in February 2007. ARIA is a comprehensive information and image management system and includes automatic safeguards on radiation treatment delivery and radiation dose limits.
- Launched the latest innovative Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) technique for selected head and neck cancers. It utilizes computer-controlled linear accelerator to deliver precise radiation dose to the tumor while sparing surrounding normal structures and critical organs at risk.
- Three-dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy Technique for breast cancer was developed and is being incorporated into daily clinical use once training in planning is completed.
Academic and Training Activities
SCDP Program for Radiation Therapy - 5 candidates sent abroad (Australia, UK) for Saudization and future success of home grown resources.