Contributes to the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. Responsible for the creation, maintenance, use and revision of processes directed towards the efficient and effective evaluation, acquisition and utilization of clinical supplies and equipment in Nursing Affairs. Acts as Nursing Affairs principle liaison with all Logistics Departments. Highlights potential cost efficiency savings to Nursing Leadership. Contributes to the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction. Demonstrates collaborative multi disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care by ensuring efficient and effective evaluation, acquisition and utilization of clinical supplies and equipment.
- Acts as primary liaison between Nursing Affairs and Logistics, Clinical Engineering and Bids and Contracts regarding equipment and supplies procurement, contracts, purchase and delivery.
- Provides advice and guidance to Nursing and Materials Management relating to clinical products selection, evaluation, purchase and operational use to ensure safe, quality patient care.
- Establishes monitors, and compiles evaluations on clinical equipment and products in collaboration with Clinical Engineering.
- Coordinates product recalls as necessary.
- Acts as an expert resource ("superuser") for all approved logistics related computer applications utilized for Nursing management functions.
- Participates as an instructor in the provision of formal education for Nursing personnel on the use of all logistics related computer applications, and Purchasing and Logistics processes. Plans and coordinates product inservice presentations.
- Leads standardizations activities by Chairing the Nursing Products Standardization Committee, and providing supplies/products "business analysis" support.
- Develops and analyzes monthly utilization and expense reports for high cost and/or high volume supplies, and other as required.
- Participates in the Nursing Affairs supply and equipment budget development by providing costing information, analyses of expense reports and the forecasting of required funds at divisional level.
- Monitors and expedites the acquisition of approved equipment with particular focus on capital and expansion projects, follows up on requisitions returned or rejected and corrects as needed.
- Recommends process and/or system changes in the management of supplies in Nursing Affairs to achieve cost-effective resource utilization and clinical effectiveness.
- Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Actively welcomes new staff/students to the assigned area. Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the assigned area specific turnover rate goal. Participates in retention activities.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk with clinical supplies or equipment. Conducts Root Cause Analysis as necessary and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned. Contributes to special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Participates in staff orientation aimed at developing competence and performance. Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of new staff to area to develop their competence.
- Participates on nursing and/or interdisciplinary committees and task forces as assigned.
- Prepares reports and maintains records as required .
- Participates in Program Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of IPPs.
- Upholds the organizational values at all times .
- Follow all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (online degrees/diplomas are not accepted), and
- Current Nursing (RN) license in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand, and
- Specialty qualification related to area of expertise required. Evidence must be provided, and
- Minimum of six years of current experience as a RN, including at least two years of current experience in specialty area, working in a mid- to large-size acute-care hospital setting in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
Newly constructed Centre For Cancer and Liver Diseases is designed by an American Specialized Company in Health Care Sector with cooperation of Saudi Engineering Office as part of a master plan of our client hospital.
The facility has 21 floors. Spread over 23,183 square meters, the facility has a capacity of 206 beds for tumor patients, 32 for intensive care, and 43 for liver disease patients.
It has eight hospitalization sections and 22 units for one-day surgeries.
The center has a radiology-treatment section with the latest equipment, 18 outpatient clinics for tumors, 18 clinics for bone marrow transplants and blood diseases, 14 clinics for liver diseases, and 12 surgery clinics and other clinics for different specialties. The center will also involve medical backup services including physical therapy, dentistry, blood bank and laboratories.
Until 2009 the hospital dealt with about 67,108 cases, carried out 57,037 chemical treatment sessions, 191,139 radiation treatment sessions, and 2,269 stem-cell transplants.