Prepares and cooks food for Hospital patients and staff. Prepares food according to recipes and established standards. Monitors the kitchen to ensure a high standard of hygiene and productivity.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Checks daily production sheets for all hot food requirements for regular and modified diets and for the cafeteria's needs.
- Checks all incoming items in the Receiving Area for acceptance as per the required standards.
- Assists Chef in obtaining raw ingredients required for menus and prepares them for cooking.
- Supervises staff in the measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils. Coordinates and monitors preparation of baked meats, broiled and steamed meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods are prepared.
- Adjusts and monitors thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Observes and tastes food being cooked and adds ingredients or seasoning as required.
- Oversees carved meats, portioned food, gravies and sauces, garnishing, steaming of table pans for cafeteria use and plating for patient meals.
- Apportions servings according to menu combinations or orders for patients or cafeteria needs.
- Organizes and ensures that cooked and prepared meats, poultries, etc. for use in the pantry or cold food preparation are available. Prepares private dining room buffet and VIP service.
- Observes all established procedures for therapeutic cooking. Keeps all special cooked foods separated and labels to ensure that all therapeutic needs are met.
- Observes a high standard of hygiene throughout food preparation; maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Keeps food at appropriate temperatures.
- Provides coverage to the Chef on his rest days/leave.
- Participates in the hiring, training, and evaluation of Production Staff. Ensures that all production staff are properly trained on new equipment.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in the field by reading Food Management and other relevant publications, attending meetings etc.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- High School graduation plus formal training or apprenticeship in professional cooking, and
- Three years of cooking experience in a hotel, restaurant or institutional food service operation and knowledge in personal compute.