Performs a variety of cytogenetic/chromosomal anlalysis in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain accurate data for diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Organizes daily work congruent with schedules and work patterns of the subsection/section.
- Assists Section Supervisor in the appropriate dissemination of information in intershift, intersectional, and departmental communication.
- Ensures optimum level of supplies are available to provide un interrupted services.
- Assists in ordering supplies and maintains the supply inventory system. Operates within cost effective practices of section.
- Assists in the evaluation of new methodologies/equipments.
- Assists in the revision of policy and procedure manuals in accordance with specified guidelines.
- Obtains, and processes laboratory specimens. Performs analyses, tests and procedures and maintains records, as per established KFSH Medical Laboratory standards.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment. Maintains Quality Control Programs of the Department.
- Provides on going response/feedback to KFSH employee performance appraisal system.
- Trains, provides continuing education and guides students and other health care personnel, including Residents.
- Participates in and contributes to quality improvement activities.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology from North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand, and
- Valid license/registration with the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS), or equivalent from Western Europe or Australia/New Zealand, and
- A minimum of two years current full-time experience as a registered Medical Technologist in the specialty area, working in a hospital setting in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.