- Family Status Contract
- Twelve (12) Months Initial Contract - Renewable
- Free Furnished and fully equipped Housing - Villa
- Free Utilities, including local phone calls
- Free and Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Free Healthcare available at KKESH including authorized dependents
- Forty-five (45) calendar days of Paid Vacation per year including Saudi Holidays
- Five (5) days educational leave per contract year
- Five (5) days business leave per contract year
- Three (3) days compassionate leave
- Mobilization and Repatriation Airline Tickets including authorized dependents (spouse and 2 eligible children only)
- Annual Airline ticket to Point of Hire or equivalent including authorized dependents (spouse and 2 eligible children only)
- Annual Salary Increase
- End of Service Award
- Medical degree,
- American Boards, or Canadian FRCPC, or FRCS (UK & Ireland), or Western Europe equivalent, or Australian boards, and
- Valid and current medical license/registration in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand, and
- A minimum of 3-5 years post-specialty certification experience in the specialty area in a mid- to large-size hospital in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
- Must qualify to be classified as a Consultant by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
The Vitreoretinal Division provides care to patients suffering from diseases of the posterior segment of the eye, namely, the retina, choroid, and vitreous body. This division also collaborates with the Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Division in the management of retinoblastoma, as well as with the Uveitis Division in the management of complicated cases of posterior uveitis.
- 8 ophthalmic consultants
- 2-4 two-year subspecialty fellows
- 2-4 rotating residents
The services/functions provided by the Vitreoretinal Division are as follows:
- Comprehensive retinal evaluation, including direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy, intravenous fluorescein angiography, indocyanine green (ICG) angiography, optical coherence tomography (OCT), ultrasonography, electrophysiological testing, and visual fields;
- Medical retina procedures, including laser photocoagulation, photodynamic therapy, and intravitreal injection of antiangiogenic medications;
- Full spectrum of vitreoretinal surgical procedures.