- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's degree, or Associate's degree (3-Year program) in Nursing (online degrees/diplomas are not accepted), and
- Current Nursing (RN) license in the North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand, and
- Applicants with Bachelor's degree - Minimum of two years of current experience as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area, working in a mid- to large-sized acute-care hospital in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
- Applicants with Associate's degree - Minimum of four years of current experience as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area, working in a mid- to large-sized acute-care hospital in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
- Current 2 years minimum experience in Adult and Pediatric Cardiothoracic ICU since the department has a mixed ICU of adult and paediatric patients.Â
- Adult patients 35%, Pediatric 65%.Â
- There is an up-skilling course available for candidates in the management of pediatric patients.
This is a 10 bed unit catering for the needs of children from the age of birth to 13.9 years.
The patients in this unit have all types of diagnosis that include all body systems, including cardiac. Patient profile includes both medical and surgical.
All nursing staff working in this unit should have the following basic skills and experiences:
- Childhood Development: Psychosocial, Cognitive, Psychosexual, and Moral
- Childhood Appropriate Assessment and intervention
- Hospitalization: Implications and Interventions
- Death and dying
- Safety Checks
- Preparing a room for admission
- Pre and post-operative care
- Knowledge of Total Parental Nutrition (TPN)/Oro-nasogastric
- A minimum of two(2) year experience in a pediatric or neonatal ICU
- If no ICU experience, then a minimum of two (2) year experience in acute care pediatric setting. These staff can be enrolled in a fundamental orientation program to equip them with the knowledge and skills to work in PICU
Courses in ECG, Hemodynamic and Mechanical Ventilation will be considered