- Family Status Contract
- Twelve (12) Months Initial Contract - Renewable
- Free Furnished and fully equipped Housing - Villa
- Free Utilities, including local phone calls
- Free and Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Free Healthcare available at KKESH including authorized dependents
- Forty-five (45) calendar days of Paid Vacation per year including Saudi Holidays
- Five (5) days educational leave per contract year
- Five (5) days business leave per contract year
- Three (3) days compassionate leave
- Mobilization and Repatriation Airline Tickets including authorized dependents (spouse and 2 eligible children only)
- Annual Airline ticket to Point of Hire or equivalent including authorized dependents (spouse and 2 eligible children only)
- Annual Salary Increase
- End of Service Award
- Medical degree,
- American Boards, or Canadian FRCPC, or FRCS (UK & Ireland), or Western Europe equivalent, or Australian boards, and
- Valid and current medical license/registration in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand, and
- A minimum of 3-5 years post-specialty certification experience in the specialty area in a mid- to large-size hospital in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
- Must qualify to be classified as a Consultant by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
The Department of Ophthalmology offers tertiary ophthalmic services through its subspecialty divisions, which include Anterior Segment, Glaucoma, Vitreoretinal, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Oculoplastics and Orbit, Neuro-ophthalmology, and Uveitis. These divisions are staffed by board-certified ophthalmologists who have graduated from accredited residency training programs and completed a minimum of one-year subspecialty fellowship training at KKESH.
The Departments of Medicine, Anesthesia and Pathology facilitate ophthalmic care by providing essential non-ophthalmic services. These departments are staffed by board-certified graduates of accredited residency and fellowship programs in their fields of specialization.
The Medical Coordination and Eligibility Department reviews all referrals and identifies patients who meet the tertiary care guidelines for care at KKESH. Patients who meet the tertiary care guidelines for care at KKESH may also be accepted through the Screening Clinic or Emergency Room.