Reporting to Director of Safety & Security, the successful candidate would perform a wide variety of technical tasks and functions in support of fire safety inspections of employer hospital's properties. Investigates all fires, enforce all codes and ordinances related to fire safety, investigates fires for origin and cause, determines and documents the source of fire; provides fire and safety prevention programs and provides technical and highly complex support to Director, Safety & Security, Responds to emergencies and exercises command responsibility. Accountable for examines and maintains the fire extinction systems and equipment. Responsible for enforcing laws concerning flammable materials.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops and promotes safety and fire control programs.
- Reviews and interprets national and international safety and fire standards and determines the applicability of these to the Hospital.
- Performs building and site plan review for all new construction for compliance with fire codes including automatic fire suppression and detection systems; prepares written fire code requirements; and conducts final occupancy inspections.
- Conducts fire investigations and investigates explosions to determine cause and origin; responds to and performs inspections originated from complaints.
- Operates fire equipment during routine and emergency situations; confines and extinguishes fire incorporating proper firefighting and safety procedures at all times; provides medical services as needed.
- Assists in maintaining operational readiness of fire response capabilities.
- Prepares a brief and clear administrative and financial report, occasionally is related to large and complex budget.
- Oversees and supervises the employee safety and fire training program, as well as on-job and off-job safety education.
- Liaises with other departments to determine hazards related to things such as unsafe acts and conditions, toxic and electrical hazards. Coordinates with other departments for proper waste disposal and elimination of hazards.
- Acts as advisor to the Director of Safety and Security Department on all matters concerning safety/loss prevention.
- Acts as consultant for external government agencies and private establishments in matters pertaining to safety, loss prevention and fire prevention/protection.
- Conducts lectures, both in-house and for external institutions, on various subjects relating to safety, loss prevention and fire prevention/protection
- Responds to disaster scenes as a member of the Disaster Management Team or on-site coordinator.
- Develops and implements executive manners and practices for reviewing plans, conducting inspections, investigating incidents and other related activities.
- Coordinates and organizes the work of the assigned staff, and trains and evaluates them as well.
- Maintains special fire protection systems and fire equipment.
- Works in a team based environment and establishes common goals.
- Develop creative and functional solutions for complex issues.
- Participates as an active member of standing and ad-hoc committees.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Tax-Free income
- Married-Status contract
- Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Fire Sciences, Fire and Emergency Management, Fire Administration or other related discipline.
- Seven (7) years with Master's or nine (9) years with Bachelor's degree of related experience including three (3) years in a managerial position.
- Certificate as a Fire Inspector and Plans Examiner from a nationally recognized certifications board.
- Knowledge of operations, services and activities of an overall fire prevention, inspection program fire operation and emergency medical services programs.
- Experience in high rise buildings/skyscrapers/towers.