Performs high standard ultrasonic diagnostic procedures. Runs OB ultrasound assessment section.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reviews exam orders and requisitions requisitions, reviews corresponding protocol and, if needed, asks questions of superior(s) to prepare for exam.
- Explains the procedure to the patient. Instructs patient regarding required positions. Assists patient in assuming position.
- Selects proper technique according to study to obtain proper image depending upon depth of field and area of interest.
- Communicates with the obstetric consultant in case of abnormalities finding and as needed.
- Documents all studies performed via viewpoint program which forwards recorded images in the proper format to perinatologists or reproductive medicine consultants.
- Cleans equipment and room after finishing with every patient.
- Performs routine maintenance for ultrasound machine weekly in compliance with Ob ultrasound policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with biomedical engineering for all equipment maintenance and repair.
- Coordinates with IT and/or the Head of Perinatologist to ensure proper functioning of viewpoint. Reports any problems to ultrasound director.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-services and/or continuing education.
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self education, training and development, as applicable.
- Documents all abnormality cases.
- Records all abnormality cases and present weekly to all sonographers upon personal rotation.
- Ensures that the new employees are given proper orientation and training.
- Tax-Free income
- Single-Status contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Bachelor's degree in Radiological Sciences/Radiologic Technology, and?
- Current registration with American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or equivalent, and
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the specialty area working in a mid to large size hospital in North America, Western Europe, or Australia/New Zealand.
The Department of Radiology provides both Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services. The Department offers examinations and procedures performed by highly qualified staff utilizing some of the most modern equipment in the region. Approximately 157,000 procedures are performed annually.
The department includes the following sections: General Radiography, Special Procedures, (including Fluoroscopy and Angiography), Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, (including PET, and PET/CT), Computed Tomography, and Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
The extensive services offered by the department are supported by Medical staff with expertise in Neuro-Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Musculoskeletal, Thoracic, Interventional, Women's Imaging, Abdominal/Body Imaging, and Pediatrics.