Evaluate patient's skills in the area of speech language, voice, cognition and swallowing and treats accordingly. Carries out research related to speech language pathology.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides quality habilitative/rehabilitative care for patients receiving speech language pathology services including but not limited to evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment implementation and discharge
- Verbalizes knowledge of the location for manuals, i.e., departmental tests, equipment.
- Demonstrates familiarization with internal and hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains patient's records as required by policies and administrative regulations.
- Determines the need for referral to other specialists in other areas and carry out referral.
- Provides education for patient and care giver as required.
- Provides in-service to other departments and services.
- Carries out research in area(s) of specialty.
- Ability to evaluate the need for developing hand-outs, tests, and treatment materials in a manner that takes into account current trends of practices, multi-cultural needs of Saudi patients and related.
- Responsible for the management of specialized teams under the supervision of the Head, Speech Language Pathology.
- Supervises the speech language evaluation and treatment services provided by intern-students and SCDP(s)engaged in completion of clinical practicum requirements.
- Confers with intern-students and SCDP(s) to provide feedback to support clinical work and to develop clinical skills.
- Participates in self and others' education, training and development as applicable.
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Tax-Free income
- Married-Status contract
- Accommodations provided
- Relocation Allowance
- Free flights home
- Generous vacations (54 days)
- Ph.D. or Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology, and
- Four years of experience in Speech-Language Pathology in a specialized area with Ph.D. or six years of experience with Master's degree, and
- Professionally Credentialed Training Certification(s) from International Sectors, i.e. American Speech-Language & Hearing Association (ASHA), Canadian (CASALP), British (BSA)
Area of expertise:
- Critical care management.
- Tertiary care Hospital.
- Tracheostomy and ventilator management.
- Swallowing disorders (adults and/or pediatrics).
- Instrumental Assessment of Swallow Disorders (Vidoefluroscopy and/or Fiberoptic endoscopic assessment of swallow function).
- Medical speech language pathology.
- Minimum of 7 years with at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity.